Monday 4 February 2013

Sixty Percent

The Other Half came to see me in Clouds of Grey last night. It wasn't how he would have wanted to spend the evening - after getting up at 6.30 and working all day, he would rather sprawl in front of the television than trudge his way via two buses into an unknown part of London. But he made it and at the end of the show gave me a genuine hug and smile. "Did you enjoy it?" I asked, expecting a grimace because he usually prefers beauty to blood. To my surprise, he was positive about the production. It was fun, he said; different and interesting.

And my performance, I wondered. What did he think? Sixty percent, he said; the best you've done so far. From him, that was praise indeed. Perhaps I should continue with this acting lark.

No comments:

Post a Comment