Thursday 16 February 2012

Good News, Bad News, Good News

The good news is that I have twice been contacted in the last couple of days directly by directors hoping to use my services. The first was by visual artist Ian Giles to make a short film - no pay, only expenses - but the project would take up little of my time and looked interesting. The second, by Charm Offensive, was for a new production at a theatre ten minutes' walk from where I live; another interesting play, with no pay but the possibility of profit share.

The bad news is that I am not free for either offer, my time being taken up first by the Duchess of Malfi, from 21st February to 18th March, followed by four weeks when I will be out of London. So, sadly, I had to decline. (I'm not kidding myself that either director contacted me because s/he considered from the start I was the right actor they wanted for the part on offer - but it's a step forward that I now have enough credits and voicereels to persuade some to contact me directly and ask me to work with them. That puts me in a much better position that I had expected to be this early in my career.)

I can end on good news. Today we ran through The Duchess twice and it is clear that we have a powerful production on our hands - a drama that will move its audience to some sympathy and suspense, occasional laughter and fear. If you live in or near London and haven't booked your tickets, do so now, using the link above. At £13 (£10 for concessions), you have little to lose and much to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment