Friday 6 January 2012

Pas possible

Well, as I half-expected, Arnold got back to me a couple of days ago confirming that he could not get the crew together for the only dates that I was available to film, and he's going ahead with the French version only. The subtext is that he's looking for another actor to do the English serial killer on dates that I will not be free for. Eh bien, c'est la vie.

Meanwhile, back in London, the rehearsal schedule for As You Like It picks up. On Wednesday I turn up for the wrestling scene, to realise that no-one has brought the all-essential umbrellas. We use the collapsible variety, damaging one, and schedule a quick run-through for Thursday lunch-time. I also have a couple of run-throughs of the one-page dialogue Charles has with Oliver. Although I was word-perfect on the bus coming in, I stumble over my lines and Marianna is not pleased. I feel like an amateur, and schedule more time with Oliver on Monday. At least on Thursday, with full-length umbrellas and left to our own devices, Oliver and I achieve a fair semblance of a fight.

The weekend approaches and I'm in the sixth week of a mild cough/virus that has severely reduced my energy levels. I still have to prepare my audition for Monday afternoon, get up to speed with Charles for Monday evening and learn my Jaques de Boys for Tuesday evening - as well as go to an exhibition tomorrow and the theatre on both Saturday and Sunday evening. Luckily, I have no other commitments. Unluckily, that means I have no income . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment