Sunday 4 September 2011

Evening, all!

After a quiet few days, the Career is getting back into gear. I've launched my website (more on that anon), seen South Pacific at the Barbican (ditto), will start my Voiceover course tomorrow (ditto ditto) and, to my surprise, I have been called to my first audition.


It's a short student film, so no money. The role is an aging, unmarried, cynical police constable dealing with a case of rape. Filming next weekend. Will I get the part? I'm offering five to one against, so I'm not exactly hopeful, but I definitely chuffed that someone is offering me a chance despite the fact my profile shows no relevant experience. So I'll spend the next two days practising my George Dixon accent and bending my knees in the best comic opera tradition. And since Dixon of Dock Green last graced our television screens in 1976, I need a back-up character. It's a toss-up between Helen Mirren's DCI Jane Tennison and someone from Waking the Dead.

In the meantime, thanks to Casting Call Pro, the notices for auditions keep rolling in and I keep applying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment